Accounts Payable Specialist
We are seeking a qualified and capable remote candidate who is a self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Our Accounts Payable Specialist candidate will be responsible for the financial processing of transactions for our organization. Duties include daily bookkeeping and record keeping, bill paying, financial reporting and the preparation of tax records for financial audits.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounts Payable Clerk Qualifications / Skills:
- Tracking expenses
- Attention to detail
- Analyzing information
- Vendor relationships
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Previous accounts payable experience required